2020 FRANCE BRAIN BEE
what to expect on the day of the competition
Saturday, 21 March, 09:00-16h00 (approximately)
(arrival and check begins at 08h30)
ICM – The Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière
(Brain & Spine Institute), 75013
Open to registered students
in 9-12th grade (3ème- Terminale)
This event is open to registered and confirmed participants. Registration on the day of the event is not an option.
Please plan to be at the ICM from 08h30 -16h00. Registered participants will receive updates and confirmation by email ahead of the event.
SCHEDULE: Saturday, 21 March, 2020 at 09h00-16h00 (arrival check in 08h-09h00)
08h30-09h00 Arrivals: Students arrive, register, pick up their lab coat, T-shirts, and material, meet fellow competitors
09h15 Opening Remarks: Welcome and introduction of the competition,
09h15 Competition begins: four stages
- Written test
- Patient diagnosis test (using 2-3 minute video clips and written questions.)
- Neuroanatomy section
- Q & A Session
- 11h30-13h30 Lunch break & Brain Awareness Week activities
13h30 Finalists announced: Top 7-10 finalists are announced for the final stage of the competition
13h35 Final stage begins: Top finalists compete in the final Jeopardy style of the competition
14h15 Award ceremony and group photos
- Trophies awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners
- 1st place winner receives a 1-week internship at ICM and qualifies to participate in the 2020 International Brain Bee competition in Washington, DC early August. Expenses paid by ICM.
- Certificates given to winners and all competitors
- Group and individual photos
- Interviews with winners and competitors
15h00 Brain Awareness Week Activities and Lectures – open to general public and to students during their breaks and after the competition.
16-22 March is BRAIN AWARENESS WEEK around the world. Major institutions like the ICM Brain and Spine Institute will be hosting their own lectures, activities and workshops for the general public, students and medical professionals.
ICM’s schedule of activities will be released a few weeks beforehand.
For schedule at other Paris institutions & museums or the rest of France visit this link.
DO YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION?
HOW TO GET TO ICM:
The Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière –
ICM (Brain & Spine Institute)
47, bd de l’hôpital, 75013
Click Here to find ICM on google maps/RATP
Page updated Saturday 8 February 2020.hsc.